Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Scrap Paper Organizer

Today I worked on creating an organizer for scrap paper in my writing center.  In the past I just had a drawer in the writing center that I put the scrap paper in and to be honest the children did not use the paper very much.  I think is was because "out of sight..........out of mind."

So a few weeks back I saw this awesome idea on.........PINTEREST
http://cookscleansplayswithpaper.blogspot.com/2011/03/my-art-room.html

This is what one mom has in her craft room that she shares with her family.  Amazing Idea!   I have something similar in my craft room too but I do not share with children.


But to be honest my idea will not work in a kindergarten classroom...........her idea will.  

So I started with my scrap basket and created little cards......

..the words I put on with my Silhouette Machine.
I purchased these boxes at Ikea.......all of them for under $5.
AND














3 comments:

  1. Love this idea...
    I am setting up my room and I am going to do this. Do you have the labels I could use??
    Maybe you could take a picture of them.
    I really think the children will USE the paper if they see it like this..it maybe the most popular center in the room..LOL
    Fondly, Barbara bharmor@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the pictures of each label.
    I can't wait to use these in my room.
    Have a great year!
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These labels are adorable! Did the system work last year?
    Marianne
    Teach to be Happy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...