Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Parent Gift

Each of the children in my class made a one of a kind snowman plate for their parents.
  I love how each of the plates has a unique personality.

I purchased the clear plates a Walmart......for $1.50 a piece.    Then I purchased paint at Michaels.

I wash the plates and apply the surface conditioner the day before the children begin work on the plates.

Then, the children paint the plates in steps:
1.  paint white snowmen
2.  paint black hat, eyes, buttons, and arms
3.  paint orange nose, and red scarf
4.  use a  q-tip in white paint to make snowflakes 

Then, I apply the Clear Gloss Glaze.

The plates are hand wash only.  :)

4 comments:

  1. How Adorable! I would love it if my kid brought one of these home! This is fancier than the ornament my students are making :)

    http://wildaboutk.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my goodness. what a fantastic idea!! wish i had thought of this one! will definitely be using it for future parent gifts. i love it. thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where did u find glaze and sealer. I have checked hobby lobby micheals and walmart. No luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the glaze and sealer at Michaels. Try Amazon. I always find things there!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...