Wednesday, January 31, 2018

Wall Outside My Reading Room



Here is the wall outside my reading room.  I wanted to do something that would encourage the children to read and incorporate winter and Valentine's Day.  This is an idea similar to what I found on Pinterest.  It was very simple to make.  

Olaf was made by Grace, a former kindergarten/first grade student of mine who is now in fifth grade.  I had some book jackets that fit perfect for this purpose.  Then I cut out some simple hearts and the librarian at my school cut out some snowflakes.  I wrote out the words "I love warm hugs and books." in fancy letters.  

That's it!!  The kiddos just love it.  I love that it is bright and cheerful and it reflects my love for reading. 

I haven't shared much this school year because I have been logging in a lot of books in the reading resource room.  I have NO prep time so the little bit of free time I do have I am logging and shelving books.  I really didn't think it would take me this long to log in books.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...